A podcast dedicated to the AMC TV series The Walking Dead

The Talking Dead #59: s2e4 – “Three’s Company Scenario”

Hi everybody,

This week on The Talking Dead podcast Jason and I recap season 2 episode 4, “Cherokee Rose”.

1. Last week on The Walking Dead / Listener feedback
  2. “Cherokee Rose” recap
  3. Next week on The Walking Dead
  4. Holy Crap! Did you see that!?

Huge thanks go out to Audible.com for their support of this podcast. For a free audiobook download and a free 14-day trial, please visit audibletrial.com/talkingdead.

Thanks for listening and please send us your comments, thoughts and feedback. Email us at talkingdeadpodcast@gmail.com, or post comments below. You can follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/talkingdead, or Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/thetalkingdead.

Leave us a message on the toll-free ZOMB line at: 1-866-483-ZOMB (9662).

Make sure you check out our sister project, the zombie webcomic “Stranger” at iheartunicornstoo.com, or on Facebook.
Voice-overs recorded by Scott Fletcher. Find out more at voice.caraworks.com.

10 Responses to “The Talking Dead #59: s2e4 – “Three’s Company Scenario””

1. Bishop says:

I am going to throw something out there for you guys. You mention Maggie being grossed out about well-zombie and walking away, but the look on her face looked, to me, more upset than disgusted. As if that zombie was someone in one of those photos she was looking at…

2. Bishop says:

OK.
    You guys are driving me mental. The reason why Dale wandered off in the previous episode to go and fetch Andrea’s gun, which he HID so she couldn’t find it. Which her gave back to her at the end of the episode.
    GAH!

3. monica says:

@Bishop, you think he would have hid the gun somewhere he would have to leave to go get it? My concern with that would be that if they needed to pick up and leave quickly then that would be a gun lost. I like your theory though! =) just playing devil’s advocate!

• Bishop says:

I accept your advocateness, Monica. The first time I watched it, I had no idea what that was about. The second time I watched it, well, that’s the only option that made sense to me.

4. Lee says:

When talking about the Cherokee rose you mentioned that Daryl said it was a symbol for the children who died. I did not watch it twice but I think he said that it was for the children who were dead and disappeared. I do not think that he believes she is dead, especially when he found the sardine can empty and the bed in the abandoned house. enjoying the show. keep it up.

• Chris says:

Hi Lee – I think you’re right. I focused on the word “dead”, but the legend does include those who disappeared for other reasons. When I re-watched the scene didn’t feel so morbid to me.

Thanks for listening!

5. Peg says:

I have to admit that I am completely addicted to The Walking Dead! I love a good Zombie movie and to have a series airing every week is just pure Heaven!

6. tdl_auburn says:

With the show progressing so slowly it will be interesting as Chandler (Carl)and Madison (Sophia) get older. Madison already was noticeably older between seasons 1 and 2. — Wouldn’t Hershel’s clothes have fit Shane better? Why make him wear oversized clothes that used to belong to Otis? — Could Hershel’s infected family members be locked up in the barn that he didn’t want the other survivors to stay in? Being as strong a Christian as Hershel is, perhaps he ordered the family to lock them in the barn in hopes that God could present them with a cure. — Why didn’t Dwayne tell anyone about the house he found and evidence that someone was hiding out there? — I don’t think Jenner told Rick that Louri was pregnant. While broadcasting to Morgan on the radio Rick almost revealed what Jenner said. Why would he tell Morgan that Lauri was pregnant. It had to be something more critical to everyone. — I think the reference to the Chupacabra points to Merl, whom we saw in the preview of the next episode.

• Lee says:

I am thinking the same thing about Hershal’s family in the barn.It would tie in with the reaction Maggie had when the well walker was killed. The Greene’s may not have had, or wanted to kill any walkers (especially their own family). I am not sure if I am making any sense.It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

7. tdl_auburn says:

Going on record to say that I think Jenner told Rick that his wife didn’t get bit.